Silver Spring, MD, 20901
Joined on September, 2011
Any day at any time
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationM.A. Candidate- Ethics, Peace, and Global Affairs; American University, Washington, DC
B.A Cum Laude- Chicana and Chicano Studies; California State University, Northridge
A.A.- Behavioral and Social Sciences; Modesto Junior College, Modesto, CA
Experience* Worked as a substitute school teacher for grades K-12
* Experience grading papers and assignments, developing curriculum, supervising after school activities, and proving instruction in public elementary and high schools
* Tutored elementary school Spanish
* Maintained honor roll placement throughout elementary school, high school and college
* Have 7 + years professional work experience
* Current graduate student engaged in high level research and writing tasks
* Respectful of individual learning styles, strengths, and weaknesses
* I want to be a tutor so that I can be a positive influence in student's lives- academically and professionally.
I am highly motivated to help your child succeed in whatever their academic pursuits/needs may be!
HobbiesI am a young professional engaged in full time graduate study at American University's School of International Service. My research interests include human rights, gender, and diplomacy/public policy. I also intern for a local think tank in Washington, D.C. dedicated to helping migrant women domestic workers. Most of my time is spent working on research assignments and other course work. In my spare time I enjoy reading, volunteering, student activism, zumba dancing, and practicing my Spanish skills. I would love to take time from my personal academic pursuits to help your child advance in theirs.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.